Chemical Peels are a technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the skin. Facial skin is mostly treated, and scarring can be improved. Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin. To accomplish this task, the chosen peel solution induces a controlled injury to the skin. Resulting wound healing processes begin to regenerate new tissues. The dead skin eventually peels off.The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
- There are three main types of chemical face peels, and each has unique benefits for the skin. The light chemical peel improves acne scars and skin texture, and reduces the effects of sun damage. The medium chemical peel improves acne as well. The medium peel also smooths fine surface wrinkles, and corrects pigment problems such as age spots. The deep chemical peel helps treat sun-damaged skin, eliminates deep, coarse wrinkles, and can remove pre-cancerous growths.
- Depending on the strength of the peel depends on how often you should get them.Most of my patients get the original in office peels which require to have it done every 4-6 weeks for best results.
- Chemical peels safely remove or exfoliate the top layer of dead skin, allowing new, more youthful, healthy skin to show through. While the skin typically sheds old, dull dead skin cells every 28 days,this process slows down with prolonged sun exposure and aging.
- Chemical peels cause this natural cell turnover process to speed up, helping to stimulate the growth of new collagen—the skin-firming protein that acts like a scaffold for the skin. The speed or depth of cell turnover is determined by the concentration of the peel and the amount of time it’s left on skin.
- Chemical peels can be done at different depths depending on your desired results. Deeper chemical peels produce more-dramatic results, but also involve longer recovery times.
- The breakthrough is that now we have non-invasive gentle peels that result in little to no downtime, but still give patients extraordinary results. These low-downtime peels work best scheduled over a few weeks. While chemical peels are most commonly used on the face, they can also be done on the neck, and backs of hands
I offer three Series of Skincare Treatments:
Anti Aging Series
Fine lines, wrinkles, epidermal photo damage (5 peels)
Deep lines and wrinkles (5 peels)
Non-inflammatory - comedonal, oily, no scars (4 peels)
Inflammatory - active acne, mild scarring (4 peels)
Photo image/anti-aging - freckles, rough skin, lentigenes (5 peels)
Post Inflammatory - melasma, acne, hormonal (4 peels)